Search This Blog

Thursday, May 9, 2013

For years now Corwyn and Devyn have been attending Bushi Ban karate and now Bushi Kai here in American Fork.  I've watched as both boys have progressed from the Lil' Dragon ranks into the normal program and upwards through the belt ranks.  At first I wasn't sure how well they would do, but both boys are learning what they should.  And Corwyn; he's now a brown belt involved in his black belt prep; within a year he could earn that coveted belt.

From early on as I've watched them at the school I've thought to myself, "Hey, I can do that!"  Well finally, after multiple years of putting it off I've taken the plunge and made the commitment; I'm going to get that black belt as well.  It will take at least four years, probably longer, but I will get it.

I had my first class a couple of nights ago and am now realizing that I am not as young as I think I am.  After just one class I have sprained toes, sore hips and legs, but I also have a white belt that will one day turn black.  So in spite of the early soreness the training will continue; and I am assuming that it will eventually not have quite the impact on me.

But who can say for sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment