Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Karate Follow-up

It's been three weeks since starting karate at Bushi Kai.  Since starting I have had a continuous run of aches and pains - from bruised toes to a pulled quad - I guess I'm not in my twenties anymore.  But I have noticed that my balance has definitely improved.  The plan is to continue to take it easy when kicking with the left leg, to get that muscle healed!
I'm at my first belt eval - the test for gold belt.  It requires attendance, attitude, and doing the "Star Set" in front of the class.  I was supposed to do it last Thursday but we ran out of time.  Sensei Lance said I could pass it off just with him, but you are supposed to do it in front of the class and the instructors prefer that so I deferred the eval until tonight.  So it will be Motrin and an Ace bandage before the Eval and taking it easy afterwards; can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment